Thursday, July 10, 2008

Introducing....

Sophia Lenane
7lbs. 4 0z. , 19 3/4 in. long
Born 6:04 PM July 8, 2008
As many of you already know, Leigh Ann and Patrick welcomed their daughter to the world on Tuesday! She is beautiful and healthy. Leigh Ann is doing well too, though she is pretty sore from delivery. I got to go and visit them yesterday and it was such a treat! It is hard to remember Claire ever being that small, but she was almost exactly that size ( 7lbs. 9 oz., 19 inches long)!! Leigh Ann and Patrick thought Claire had really grown (which she has) but I think it is mostly because she is so much bigger than Sophia! I managed to snap a few pics while I was there, but not many! I believe mom and baby get to go home today! So, Leigh Ann and Patrick CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck and enjoy this journey you are beginning!!!
Sophia all stretched out waking up!!
Claire at the hospital. She did really well and didn't even seem to mind when I held Sophia. I told her pretty soon we would be bringing a little baby like that home. I also had a doctor's appointment yesterday, which I ended up taking Claire too (not a good idea). Things were fine, the doctor did check me because I had had some contractions the night before, but she said nothing was happening yet. I gained a pound and measured 35 weeks (I am 34), but it always seems like Dr. Z measures me smaller than Dr. Meyer. I go back in two weeks and then every week after that. I will not be taking Claire back to the Doctor with me if I can help it. She freaked out everytime the nurse or doctor touched me. So, needless to say, my blood pressure was up when we first got there (140/70), but then they had me lay down for a few minutes and it was back to 110/50.
Ryan and I also found out that our crib (the one Claire used for over a year) is one of the recalled ones. I don't think we are going to get the voucher for a replacement in time for this new baby, but we have a cradle to use for the first couple of months anyway.
This summer is flying by. I hope you all are enjoying it!!!

1 comment:

Andy and Julie Emerine said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got to go see baby Sophia. It's good to see a picture of her with her mommy! I'm getting baby fever & am so excited that our turns are right around the corner! Can you believe it?! At this point I hope I deliver on 8-8-08 too!!!!