Friday, September 12, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

So much for the normal week we were hoping for. Really it all started last Tuesday when I picked Claire up from the sitters. She had a runny nose and when I got home I found she had a fever. The next day I wasn't feeling so great, sore throat, congestion, headache. Then Ryan got it and Oliver ended up with a fever too. I thought we were all getting better, but apparently I was mistaken. Claire spiked another fever on Sunday night and I thought she was acting kind of funny on the way home from Ft. Wayne earlier that day. I asked about it at Oliver's one month check-up on Monday and the doc said it wasn't anything to worry about. Wednesday night/Thursday morning I wasn't feeling so hot. It hurt to breath and I just ached all over and what I thought was just an ingrown hair from my c-section was very painful and sore and swollen. So, we go to the doctor and he prescribes an antibiotic for the infection in my incision, but says the rest is unrelated, probably a cold that had settled in my chest. No wonder Claire had been acting funny Sunday if she was feeling anything like the way I felt on Thursday. So, last night, I think Oliver caught whatever we had. Early this morning he became inconsolible, wouldn't nurse, and I swear (Ryan doesn't think so) that he was getting purple splotches on his tummy and legs. So, I gave him some infant Tylenol and we headed for the ER. Of course, by the time we were seen in the ER, the Tylenol must have kicked in and they told me he just had a cold and he would be fine. Kind of makes you feel like an idiot and they are probably thinking this woman is overreacting. Oh, well, better safe than sorry. Ollie seems to be feeling better as long as I keep up with the doses of Tylenol, but he has been sleeping a lot, I assume from being sick. Anyway, so I am ready for us all to be healthy again!!!!

No comments: